Forums - Coding and Testing custom lenses on the Snapdragon 888 HDK

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Coding and Testing custom lenses on the Snapdragon 888 HDK
gilnlopez
Posted: Mon, 2022-06-06 11:48

I am looking to use the Snapdragon 888 HDK to interface with custom-built lenses for the cameras. I am having trouble finding any documentation outside of the HDK product brief (linked at https://developer.qualcomm.com/downloads/snapdragon-mobile-888-hdk-produ...). I was hoping to find more help or documentation on how the MIPI CSI connection could help me interface with custom hardware. I'm trying to gather more information for chip and sensor selection, as well as any drivers that might help with all of this.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
jinxuy
Posted: Wed, 2022-06-08 01:08

Thanks for the question!

Adding a new camera module or sensor needs to compile the driver code on top of Qualcomm release, and MIPI connection details should be covered by the customer document. Unfortunately, the code and document is only valid to a licensed customer but not visible at QDN. 

If you really need it, suggest you to contact with Qualcomm business team and get the support from customer support channel.

Regards

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.