Forums - CSRMesh Data model explanation

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
CSRMesh Data model explanation
v.svistelnikov
Posted: Fri, 2016-07-15 08:11

Hi everyone !

Can some from CSR explain me what should happen if I start 2 data stream transmitions in one network simultaneously ?

I have 3 mesh devices: 2 clients (0x801e, 0x801d) and server (0x8009). If I am sending messages from devices one after another with some delay - everything is OK. When I am trying to send data from both devices at one time I am getting next:

- output from sniffer++;

- one of my devices stops sending data stream messages at all (until reset of course);

output from sniffer https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sCf0sjxwYCc2dMUTYzcjI3RUE/view?usp=sharing

• Up0
  • Down0
Jesse Tsai Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2016-07-21 20:26

Hi,

The sample application doesn't expect to receive multiple data stream simultaneously. The mormal sequcnce of data server is that: Receive flush -> send ack -> receive send data -> send ack -> ... -> receive flush -> send ack. What should happend if one device is already sending data to server, another device send flush message in the middle?  Please refer to the data server source code app_data_stream.c:

/* Stream flush indication */
        case CSRMESH_DATA_STREAM_FLUSH:
            else if(app_stream_state.rx.status == stream_start_flush_received)
            {
                /* We have already received a flush to start a stream. 
                 * Respond to the message if it is from the same source. 
                 * Ignore otherwise. App is already notified no need to notify
                 * again
                 */
                if( app_stream_state.rx.src_id == p_event->src_id)
                {
                    send_ack = TRUE;
                }
            }
The second data client won't get ack from flush message and it will stop sending data to server.

Thanks.
  • Up0
  • Down0
v.svistelnikov
Posted: Mon, 2016-07-25 07:27

Thank you, Jesse.

Seems to be clear

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.