Forums - Timer accuracy

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Timer accuracy
ianmjames
Posted: Tue, 2016-06-21 01:47

I am developing a project based upon the CSRMesh1.3 and would likem to use the system clock as a real time clock.

I have configured a timer to generate a callback every 10ms and the first thing I do is to read the System Time using TimeGet32() which I then compare with the previous value.

I would expect that the difference between two 10ms interrupts would be a count of 10000 i.e. 10000uS in fact it is about 10090 which over a period of one second is 9000uS or 9ms - is this what would be expected?

I have tried setting the system in both DeepSleep and ShallowSleep with no noticable change.

• Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2016-06-21 09:09

Serving time interrupt takes time, and can't be accurate since CSR1010 is a single thread.

All RF and back-task will be server before user interrupts.

But TimeGet32() TimeGet48() is HW free running without any software delays.

So over time all is OK.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.