Forums - How to let PIO(8:5) be used as PIO

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to let PIO(8:5) be used as PIO
leiyu_83
Posted: Sun, 2016-07-31 06:50

Hi,

As I am a new guy to use 1012 and have 2 questions here
1.From the datasheet, set SPI_PIO#_SEL high to enable SPI debug features on PIO(8:5), it means if I need to download software via SPI,
SPI_PIO#_SEL should be high level, but from the test result, no matter SPI_PIO#_SEL is high or low, it can download via SPI, could you help to tell why?
2.other PIOs can work well as a buttons, but PIO(8:5) can not be detected no matter SPI_PIO#_SEL is high or low, could you please help to guide me how to do if I want to use PIO(8:5) for a button.

thanks in advance

• Up0
  • Down0
cbs
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2016-08-11 04:22

SPI_PIO# definitely has to be HIGH to reprogram or debug. Some programmers also power the chip through this line (the CSRmesh PCB does this) but I don't know how well documented/supported that is.

If you want to use PIO(8:5) for I/O then you'll need to think carefully about how you're going to program or debug the device. I suggest you use the larger CSR1011 for development and debugging and a compile-time option to select other PIO lines once your code is working. For programming you'll need to make sure PIO(8:5) are not driven by your switches.

Chris

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.