Forums - How to use StreamSenDataBlock to send to group

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to use StreamSenDataBlock to send to group
kian
Posted: Mon, 2016-07-25 07:36

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the command SteamSendDataBlock. I am using the CSR Mesh Switch and Light example with Android Application.

On the Android Application, I can assign switch and light to a group so that they only communicate with each other in the group. 

In the Stream model API , the StreamStartSender command says "Starts a data stream sender to stream data to a specified device.", and this is defined by the dest_id, which further states "Destination ID of the CSRmesh device or a group of devices which to stream the data".

I would like to use the StreamSendDataBlock command as it is easier. However, the command says "Sends a single block of data to the speicified device There will be no acknowledgement from the receiver for receiving the data block.". The device to send to is defined by dest_dev_id which states "Device ID of the CSRmesh device to which data block needs to be sent".

I know that using a dest_dev_id of 0x00 will broadcast the message. But will this broadcast to all the nodes or just only nodes within the same group? How can i broadcast only to nodes in the group and not other nodes that don't belong to the group?

Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
Jesse Tsai Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2016-08-03 02:17

Hi,

Using a dest_dev_id of 0x00 will broadcast the message to all nodes. You can send the message to nodes in the group only by using group id as dest_dev_id.

Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
chodoohyun
Posted: Thu, 2016-08-18 23:42

how can i know  "device_id" or "group_id"?

• Up0
  • Down0
chodoohyun
Posted: Thu, 2016-08-18 23:42

how can i know  "device_id" or "group_id"?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.