Forums - Bluetooth SIG Mesh

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bluetooth SIG Mesh
aircable
Posted: Sat, 2017-02-18 13:58

Now that the Bluetooth Mesh protocol specification is available as prototype spec to all Bluetooth members, when will QC have this new protocol implemented for the CSR101x?

Anybody else working on the standardized Mesh protocol?

• Up0
  • Down0
Brugia
Posted: Fri, 2017-05-05 02:27

Hi All, I'm reading the Bluetooth SIG Mesh Spec too but I need to know when will Qualcomm implement this new protocol.Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
aircable
Posted: Tue, 2017-08-29 15:37

Does anyone have an update on the Bluetooth Mesh standard for CSR10xx chips?

• Up0
  • Down0
ronald
Posted: Fri, 2017-09-22 05:44

I would also like to know if there are plans to bring Bluetooth SIG mesh to CSR101x/102x chips. Either through an update to CSRMesh, or it's  own framework.

Right now the only options are the QCA402x which have too many additional features (WIFI, dual-mode, Zigbee, etc.). What are the options for developers only interested in single mode BLE modules to implement Bluetooth standard mesh?

Regards,

Ron

LM Technologies

• Up0
  • Down0
abarak Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2017-09-22 08:51

SIG mesh will be supported on CSR102X towards the end of the year. No specific date yet but rest assured that we are working on it.

• Up0
  • Down0
ronald
Posted: Mon, 2017-09-25 02:47

Can you confirm two more things for me?

Is the Bluetooth Mesh going to be implemented as an extension to CSRMesh. I want to know because we are currently deciding whether or not we should invest our time in developing more with CSRMesh. If Bluetooth Mesh will be based heavily on the current CSRMesh then we can proceed with that in the interim. If not, we will likely wait on the new Bluetooh Mesh framework.

Second, will Bluetooth Mesh be implemented on the CSR101x as well as the CSR102x chipset?

Regards,

Ron

LM Technologies

• Up0
  • Down0
abarak Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2017-09-27 08:01
SIG Mesh is not going to be implemented as an extension to CSRmesh.
Anyone using CSR102x can start with CSRmesh and OTA upgrade to Qualcomm (SIG) mesh when it comes out towards the end of the year.
CSRmesh and BT SIG mesh use same principles, but different security/encryption mechanisms and are therefore not interoperable nor compatible, so it is necessary to perform a FW OTA upgrade from one to the other.
CSRmesh is obviously a lot more advanced, tried and tested versus any flavour of SIG mesh out there - there are also a lot of existing features present on CSRmesh that will take time to come to SIG mesh - Asset tracking, Beacon Management, Large object transfer, tuning model etc.
Anyone who requires these advance features and is not required to be compatible with the SIG standard we recommend to stay with CSRmesh for the time being until these features come into SIG mesh and only then do an OTA upgrade.
For CSR1010 we will not be implementing SIG mesh due to memory constraints. For CSR1010 CSRmesh will continue to be offered.
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.