Forums - [ Smart Remote Controller ] [ Application Case ]

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
[ Smart Remote Controller ] [ Application Case ]
charles
Posted: Mon, 2017-01-16 23:13

Hello, All

I have planned to develop smart remote controller to control light bulb with smart remote controller through BLE. During overviewing technical documets for smart remote controller of CSR 102x application, I have question like below. 

Now I developed the light system by using CSRMesh Light model. So Additionallly I hope developed the remotecontroller with several fuctions, traditional IR controller and mesh device controlling. According to traing documents(Qualcomm_CSR102x_December_2016.pdf), it descripts smart remote support "CSRmesh support for Lighting control". I understood that smart remote controller application support CSRMesh light model and remote control together, is it right?

Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
aircable
Posted: Tue, 2017-01-17 09:44

We have done something like that by implementing the Light CLIENT model together with the MASTER model in one.

That allows your light switch to also control other light switches. We now make the same light switch with the 110V electronics and without so the button controls the wired light as well as some other light via mesh. We use group messages to send over mesh to other light switches and individual messages to also report status of each light switch when it is pressed. You find code on Github about that.

• Up0
  • Down0
charles
Posted: Tue, 2017-01-17 19:11

Hello, Aircable

Thanks for your reply. As you said, we already developed light and switch with CSRMesh mode(Light and Switch model) and worked well.

Now I overviewed the feature of qualcomm's smart remote controller product and use it to control light developed with CSRMesh protocaol directly.

I understood qualcomm's smart remote controller use  HID interface and have a role of  HID Device. And light and switch worked on CSRMesh profile based on GATT.

As it is, how to communicate in these different types? 

BR

• Up0
  • Down0
aircable
Posted: Tue, 2017-01-17 19:48

Hm, you should look at the source code on github, we can directly control the smart mesh with iOS. No bridge required.

Why would you need to have a HID or a GATT if you can do that directly?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.