Forums - Web Bluetooth + Mesh

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Web Bluetooth + Mesh
Kemperus
Posted: Sun, 2016-12-04 20:52

I tried searching for this on the search engine but wasn't very successful so I suppose its a new topic.

Have you guys tried/succeeded in using CSRMesh and Web Bluetooth? I am planning on developing a hybrid app using Ionic and I recently found out that it seems to be possible to interface BLE with Angular. However, when I saw the source code for the Android app provided with the CSRMesh 2.1 development it seems to rely on a proprietary library from CSR/Qualcomm, which makes me think that it is unlikely that we can interface with CSRMesh using the Web Bluetooth API.

In short, what I am hoping to do is:

1. be able to associate/remove a device to/from a CSRMesh network
  2. be able to send/receive data from network nodes using standard profiles
  3. be able to send/receive data from network nodes with a custom profile or data model
  4. be able to OTA

I suppose that number 2 should work out of the box (that's the idea behind "standards" right? :D ), but maybe the other points would need a dedicated application. Anyone with experience in those points willing to share would be really appreciated!

Ah, in case anyone is wondering why use Web Bluetooth / Ionic, it's because it makes it simpler to maintain just one code base for both Android and IOS, instead of having to develop both apps independently. I understand there are particularities, but is still better than two completely different sources to do the same function.

• Up0
  • Down0
aircable
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-05 10:08

yes, we have published our Ionic app on Github: https://github.com/aircable/SmartMesh

It uses Web Bluetooth when running on Chrome and iBeacons when running natively on iOS.

Let me know if you want to contribute, I add you.

Juergen

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.