Forums - CSRMesh 2.1 Time Based Control of Devices

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
CSRMesh 2.1 Time Based Control of Devices
kian
Posted: Thu, 2016-11-24 01:37

Hi all,

I noticed a new feature in the CSRMesh2.1 Android app which allows time based control of devices. 

I have a CSR1010 development kit. I tried to install the light application to the development board. The android app can connect to the hardware successfully. I can control the colors and brightness. However, the timer control feature doesn't work. I am getting a error after the "Setting up actions" screen and the light didn't turn on or off at the preset time. Anyone manage to get this feature to work?

My other question is how does this actually work? Do I need an active connection from the phone to the development board? What if I close the app? Will the light still turn on/off at the preset time? Or is there a real time clock implementation on the CSR1010 which will know when to trigger the event at the specific time?

Cheers,

Kian

• Up0
  • Down0
Loris
Posted: Thu, 2016-11-24 22:38

CSR1010 doesn't support action model because its limIted resoource. and this new feature is done using action model and time model, so you can just set, but it will not work as expected

• Up0
  • Down0
kian
Posted: Tue, 2016-11-29 04:29

Hi Loris,

So how can I use the time based control of devices then? Does it only work with the CSR102x ?

Regards,

Kian

• Up0
  • Down0
Loris
Posted: Tue, 2016-11-29 22:31

You can modify the project code to achieve this goal. but i think it will be hard because the sample project doesn't left too much resource for us. if you add time based control feature, you need add two model, and it will be likely to report error of RAM exceed limit. But you can try, good luck!

• Up0
  • Down0
kian
Posted: Wed, 2016-11-30 04:34

Hi Loris,

I looked at the example sourcecodes provide for CSRMesh 2.1 light application. It seems like Action model and Time model is enabled. They are properly defined and enabled in config.h

I have no problems compling the project and don't seem to have the problem of not having enough resources or exceed RAM.

Anyone else started trying out the CSRMesh 2.1 examples? Did you manage to get Timer based control to work??

• Up0
  • Down0
Loris
Posted: Wed, 2016-11-30 17:17

CSRmesh v2.1 sample project proivde two project for csr101x and csr102x .if you use csr101x hardware, you should use 101x project and in this project , action model and time model are not enabled. 

Please be care the macro that 

#ifndef CSR101x_A05

#else

#endif

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.