Qualcomm requests a Serial Number and Activation Code to download the CSR101x_SDK.WIN.2.6 Installer.
However - I neither found a way to purchase this software nor any information about where I get these two keys from?
I know there is a development kit (a PCB with bunch of stuff on it which I don't need), but there are three major downsides:
- Unfortunately it is only available in the US via digikey (I resident in Germany / EU)
- It costs 99$
- I don't know if it actually comes with Serial Number / Activation Code and I don't need another doorstop
Besides that small rant above I wanted to ask if there is a way to access this SDK for free (I know you probably don't like those two words next to each other) for educational purposes?
I am a computer science student (I am willing to prove that if necessary) at the moment and I probably won't spend 99$ on a development board because
- I just want the SDK so I am able to develop software for the CSR101x-devices
- I want to design my own PCB to test software on
- It's too expensive
- Nordic Semi are providing their SDKs for free (unfortunately their ICs are boring)
Thanks for your help (in case there is any)