Forums - CSR1010 hangs at power off/on

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
CSR1010 hangs at power off/on
aswin.v
Posted: Wed, 2017-06-07 04:19

Hello,

I am doing a  BLE project which is powered by an SMPS.The issue is when SMPS is turned ON and OFF suddenly ,the CSR1010 is getting hanged.I have tried using 100uF and 104 capacitor across BLE's immediate VCC and ground.But issue is not solved.I think the reason is because CSR1010 dont have brown out reset.Please help

• Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Wed, 2017-06-07 07:04

Hi Aswin,

It is not clear what SMPS is on/off.

Is that CSR1010 SMPS?   Why is not connected to power 3V all the time? 

If you like to save power, please note that CSR1010 will go to sleep automatically. No need to disconnect 3V from its SMPS off. 

• Up0
  • Down0
aswin.v
Posted: Wed, 2017-06-07 21:43
Actually my BLE is not battery powered.The supply voltage for BLE is obtained through an external 12V SMPS and a 3.3V regulator.Issue is when I tried switch off and on the main supply
  • Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Wed, 2017-06-07 23:50

Since you have no battery, you need to switch on/off CSR1010? 

It has Nothing with CSR1010 SMPS parts. I presume your CSR1010 have its SMPS coil in place.  

Thereof your question is more simple: why my CSR1010 is not running with I give it external  3V3? 

Right ? 

If this is not the right question, call my Skype nissim.test

• Up0
  • Down0
Acutetech
Posted: Fri, 2017-06-09 00:52

The chip has no reset pin so relies on its power supply rail dropping towards 0V and coming up again. So you might need to add a transistor on the power suppy rail so you can control the power to the CSR1010 under software control (I am guessing the CSR1010 is a component in a larger system that perhaps has another host processor?).

Even if you add a transistor in the power rail, beware that (a) it might take a long time for the CSR1010 rails to drop low enough and (b) if the CSR1010 has other logic connections to other circuitry (e.g. a serial port to a host processor) then the logic signals must also be taken to 0V: for example if a TxD from the host processor remains at 3.3V when power is removed from the CSR1010 then the CSR1010 will remian powered through the TxD logic signal.

Regards - Charles

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.