Forums - CSR1010 TX Power

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
CSR1010 TX Power
kacofree
Posted: Sun, 2016-06-12 20:35

Hi

i want use api "LsSetTransmitPowerLevel",but i don't know, the value(0~7) corresponding actual tx power?

example, set 0 is 0dbm?

• Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2016-06-13 00:08

kacofree, You can't really now the real CSR1010 TX in dbm. It depended on your design. PCB layout. Antenna etc. RF output drives external 50 ohms. Every PCB has deferent output. The best way is to test with RF network analyser. or use external RF lab

0 setting is not 0 dbm. I believe it around -20 db... 

• Up0
  • Down0
kacofree
Posted: Sun, 2016-06-12 22:38
how much is the chip output when I set 0 I want to know ? the datasheet shows " 9dBm RF transmit power with level control from integrated 6-bit DAC over a dynamic range >25dB" . 
  • Up0
  • Down0
liem
Posted: Sun, 2016-06-12 22:59

Hi,

The Tx output power depends on your design, the layout, what the RF front-end consists of (with or without RF filter) and the antenna.  The Tx output power max quoted from the datasheet is a conducted measurement taken directly at the output of the CSR101x chipset (ie without any RF front-end or antenna).

To know what the actual conducted Tx output of your design, you will need to measure it.

If you want approximately 0dBm of conducted Tx output power, try a Tx level setting of "4".

A Tx setting of "0" will give you approximately -16 to -20dBm.

• Up0
  • Down0
kacofree
Posted: Sun, 2016-06-12 23:19

liem:

ok, tks.very much.

• Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2016-06-13 00:14

You can make a link to your smartphone running scan application, and you can see RF RX dbm on phone's  screen.

Keep same distance and change CSR1010 RF TXsettings  from 0 to 7 and you  see the dbm changes on phone's screen.

Keep all the time same distance. Do not move....Your body is big Antenna too. The phone has to be on the table. You has to be on the same place. 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.