Forums - Application Feasibility of CSR101X

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Application Feasibility of CSR101X
prakashdilli1994
Posted: Thu, 2020-06-11 09:56

Hi,

I actually read all the details of CSR1010,11 Dev kits using the data sheets. After reading i came to know that we can use this chip to develop products like Smart light control, Remote control and appliances control. In my case i need to use BLE protocol to control lights in industries for that i need to build two devices, One should be connected to the light which i am going to control and another one is user's remote control or smartphone which need to be automatically paired  with BLE enabled light and it should send control signals when the buttons are pressed. Also in future the lights should be automatically controlled by senors which is few meters away from it. In order to accomplish these tasks please let me know which chip in CSR101X family would be suitable or if you know any other latest module in qualcomm keep me posted.

• Up0
  • Down0
abhghos
Posted: Thu, 2020-06-11 18:19

CSR1010 can be used to develop lighting and remote control and sensor applications.

You can use CSRmesh software to develop applications where multiple BLE nodes can interact with each other.

• Up0
  • Down0
prakashdilli1994
Posted: Fri, 2020-06-12 08:40

Thankyou so much for your immediate response. So could i buy CSR1010 devkit and program it using CSRMesh software?

• Up0
  • Down0
prakashdilli1994
Posted: Fri, 2020-06-12 10:01

I studied about CSR MESH development kit consists of 3 dev boards and programmer to program it. As far as my understanding we could use our mobile phone applications(android or ios)to control those dev boards, But is that possible to convert a dev board as a remote controller(or switch) to send control signals via BLE and make another dev board as a receiver to receive those commands?

Also where could i download the source codes for free to explore it.

• Up0
  • Down0
abhghos
Posted: Fri, 2020-06-12 10:42

Yes its possible using CSRmesh. You can run the Light Application in two board and the Switch Application in another board. The switch board will act as a remote control for the lighting boards.

As CSRmesh uses connectionless mechanism, it possible to combine unlimited number (baring practical limitations) of BLE nodes in a given network.

The CSRmesh software can be availed after purchasing the CSRmesh IoT Kit. The kit comes with a Activation Key which can help access through Qualcomm portal.

Apart from CSR101x platform you can also look into using CSR102x platform as well, which is BT5.0 qualified and has more memory.

• Up0
  • Down0
prakashdilli1994
Posted: Fri, 2020-06-12 13:25

Thats awesome, Thanks a lot for you response.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.