Forums - ADK Config Tool

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ADK Config Tool
hurroz
Posted: Tue, 2018-10-09 13:22

Hello, I'm trying to get the ADK Config tool working on the QCC512x dev board. The dev kit quick start document doesn't point to any changes required to the board or the ADK itself. It simply asks to connect a USB to USB-C cable from laptop to board. When I bring up the config tool it recognizes the device as "unknown", so I'm thinking there's some configuration missing for the board. Any ideas about what to do? Is there an application note somewhere about how to do this? Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
rgarvert
Posted: Mon, 2018-10-29 21:34

The QCC512x is not supported on this forum.  For support for this product, please contact your sales representative.  You may find your sales representative at this link:  https://www.qualcomm.com/contact/distributors

• Up0
  • Down0
kevin.parker.372
Posted: Mon, 2021-03-22 17:25

This is a royal pain in my butt... To be frank no wonder people are just using chinese chipsets instead of Qualcomm. I'm looking to develop on the QCC3005, yet there is no data sheet or software downloads available. Instead I need to 1) Register which I did, 2) Agree to a whole bunch of agreements which I did, now 3) Start calling sales reps to get access...

I still can't even evaulate if this chip is the one for us because there is no spec sheet just some marketing buzz pdf.

• Up0
  • Down0
abhghos
Posted: Mon, 2021-03-22 18:14

I can understand that its slightly inconvenient to start developing with the QCC products.

This actually needs you to get an ADK Developers License to get access to the relevant tools and documents and source code. The License costs a one time fee of USD 3000 and is applicable to all versions of ADK and devices. Qualcomm needs to have certain level of control over the products in market using its devices as there are issues related to IP protection for various algorithms. There are ROM-only based chips, CSR86xx series which dont let you modify anything on the application and hence dont need a license. 

Its advised not to use the QCC300x series of devices as they are not really well advised for new applications. You can select from QCC30xx and QCC51xx series.

• Up0
  • Down0
kevin.parker.372
Posted: Tue, 2021-03-23 17:40

Thanks for the Advice about the QCC30xx and QCC51xx.... 

So let me get this straight, just to test applicability of Qualcomm poducts I need to pay:

1.  $800 USD for the dev kit
    +
  2. $3,000 USD for the ADK

So $3,800 USD just o see if we can get this chip to work for our application? You know companies like Nordic Semi have all the datasheets and softare freely available without jumping through hoops like this. Their dev kit is like $55 USD (not $800).

BTW it's been 2 days and no one from sales has replied to my requests via the form online.

• Up0
  • Down0
abhghos
Posted: Tue, 2021-03-23 21:36

Hi Kevin,

Your understanding on the price cost to get started by yourself is correct. The way the business model works is bit different. I also underwent a learning cycle when I started working on these. Allow me to share some insights.

The features offered by QCC devices belong to a niche market segment. They are single die SoCs specifically desgined for Bluetooth Audio applications (Headsets and Earbuds). And along with that they also bring in a host of proprietary licensed DSP algorithms such as cVc, AptX, AANC etc. which enhance the user experience by a significant margin. Then there are third party compliance related activities such Alexa and Google Assistant integration along with Wake Word support.

In general the hearables market is not something that is explored by hobbyists or low volume OEMs. There is significant expertise required in terms of RF design and Acoustic engineering to develop a sucessful product. Making a perfect custom plastic enclosure itself requires significant investments in moulds etc.

Organizations like NordicSemi provide general purpose wireless chipsets targetted for the IoT market segment. They can be adapted for a vast array of applications like from a consumer grade smart lightbulb to an industrial grade automation device. They have incentive to allow innovations from all market segments to increase the spread of their products.

For low volume customers interested to develop hearables products, the best way would be to get it done through one of the ODMs. They already have access to the tools and ecosystem and a streamlined manufacturing pipeline. For getting the EVKs and Tools, you need to connect with one of our authorized distributors such as Arrow, Excelpoint, Codico, etc based on your region. The distributors can also help you to connect with suitable ODMs.

• Up0
  • Down0
harisnaveed84
Posted: Sat, 2022-06-25 08:49

You should check out this link.https://www.qualcomm.com/contact/distributors...  

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.