Forums - Build Problem - About custom UUIDs

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Build Problem - About custom UUIDs
hhliu168
Posted: Tue, 2017-06-20 22:23

Can anyone help me to solve the following problems:

I am trying to build a CSR1010 applicaiton by uEnergy Development Kits  v2.3. I use the following procedures to create custom GATT profiles:

1. create a "custom_uuids.h"

2. create a "custom_service_db.db"

3. include the custom_service_db.db into "app_gatt_db.db"

4. to Build Active Project

However, I always got a warning message: syntax error near token 'primary_service', and then got a make error: [depend_Debug_CSR101x_A05/app_gatt_db.c] Error 1

I don't know which step wrong. I am sure there is no typos. 

Another problem is that I try to modify the properties of characteristic of UUID_HEART_RATE_BODY_SENSOR_LOCATION in "heart_rate_service_db.db" of the project hr_sensor, from "read" to "notify".

But there is no any change when I connect CSR1010 by an Android client and check its properties remotely.

How can I change the properties of exist characteristics?

Thanks for your help

BR

Update:

I finally found the solution. I use the Android as the client. However, Android kernel cache the UUIDs.

• Up0
  • Down0
hhliu168
Posted: Wed, 2017-06-21 20:41

A test project is to start off with the hr_sensor example application in SDK CD.  Then simply copy the everything about the service from "bp_sensor" project.  Adding the files: bp_*.* into the test project. Include "bp_service_db.db" into "app_gatt_db.db".

I still got the same warning and error message.

The SDK is v2.3 on Windows 10, 64bit.

Note: I solve this problem by just move #include "bp_service_db.db" from the last row in "app_gatt_db.db" to the middle of the file.

It works but I don't know why.

Edit: Only one input file may be supplied to the GATT Database Generator, but that file may use the #include directive to pull in additional database files. All additional database files except the last in the list must include a trailing comma (,) as the last character.

• Up0
  • Down0
hhliu168
Posted: Thu, 2017-06-22 01:57

My second problem is weird and I don't know why.

I have tried several test. When I build and run any project include GATT database, the development board won't update the firmware except the device name.

for example, if I install the hr_sensor project into the developement board at begin, and then I switch the workspace to bp_sensor project.

Rebuild the project (F7) and  Run (F5). There is nothing change on the developement board except the device name. So I can see the device name is changed to "CSR BP Sensor" from my Android client side but the device still operates as a heart rate sensor.

I don't know why. Does anyone meet similar problem?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.