Forums - DHCP Client Problems

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
DHCP Client Problems
natie
Posted: Sun, 2014-09-07 22:57

Has anyone had any problems with the DHCP client on the QCA4002? I am starting to see issues against different DHCP Servers. If I start the client with t_ipconfig() it sends a "DHCP Discover" and then receives the "DHCP Offer" from the server. The "DHCP Request" message then sent from the client is ignored by the DHCP server.

If you look at the "DHCP Request" message sent by the DHCP Client on the QCA4002 there are a few "strange" things:

- Unnecessary option 52 (Option Overload).

- There are two end options (one in the overloaded boot filename).

- Options 1, 3, and 6 present that not specified for a request.

- The transaction ID is not random.

I don’t know if this is implementation is correct or not but it certainly is giving problems in the field.

This scenario use the SPI interface with the offloaded stack with Release (I-WSR) 3.0.2 CS driver and firmware.

To continue, I tried to use my own DHCP client on the MCU but I cant get it to work. I think this is because the SO_BROADCAST option is not supported (t_setsockopt() returns an error for this option) and I don’t receive any of the DHCP broadcast messages from the offloaded stack. I did boost the performance like done for the offloaded DHCP client and TCP listen socket but nothing works.

Now I have to use a solution using promiscuous mode to get the broadcasted packets but I would rather have another solution, like a bug fix from Atheros  ;)

Any help will be appreciated.

• Up0
  • Down0
natie
Posted: Fri, 2015-07-31 02:13

Fixed in the latest relese (version 3.3.4.91).

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.