Forums - Hostless Uart Demo: Error while flashing firmware to SP141

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hostless Uart Demo: Error while flashing firmware to SP141
harry.immler
Posted: Fri, 2014-06-06 00:56

Hello community,

I would like to use the Hostless Uart Demo to transmit incoming data over uart; Therefore it is neccessary to flash the "flash agent" to the Kinetis MCU; after that, the firmware image "sp141_flashRead4IO_uartHost.bin" needs to be written in the flash of the QCA4002.
I successfully flashed the flash agent to the Kinetis MCU. But I get an error when I try to flash the SP141.

It says:

file size 179628 bytes

version matches 4

Programming................................................................................................................................................................................

Execute result 0x10001

OTP successful

FLASH SUCCESS

Get FW version failed

Host version: 0.0.0.0.0

Target version: 0x0

Firmware version: 0.0.0.0.0

Interface version: 0

Programming failed

Does someone know what's the problem here? Anyone having the same problem?

Thank you very much,

Harry I.

• Up0
  • Down0
andy.bausch
Posted: Mon, 2014-10-06 00:19

To flash the QCA4002, you need to set it to SPI instead of hostless, according to Figure 4-1 in 80-Y6806-4 Rev. A (SP140/SP141 Dev Kit, Installation and Configuration Guide).

Nevertheless, it is possible that it still does not work. Unfortunately, I never got a clear answer for that problem.

Andy

• Up0
  • Down0
OranGu
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2014-10-10 10:41

That means that FW crashed after being programmed. 

You need to have the right match between Driver (MCU) and FW (on the SPI flash) - the version number need to match.

Try programming both MCU and FW

Oran

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.