Forums - fcvFFTu8 and fcvIFFTf32 Performance

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
fcvFFTu8 and fcvIFFTf32 Performance
Juergen
Posted: Thu, 2014-06-26 06:54

Hi,

my intention is to find the most efficient way to perform an FFT/IFFT, obviously by using the Hexagon DSP.

If i use the functions fcvFFTu8(..) and fcvIFFTf32(..) as stated in https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/add-advanced-features/computer-vision-fastcv/27831 are they executed on the available Hexagon DSP?

Is this the most efficient and quickest way to perform an FFT/IFFT with the Snapdragon? Or is there another option (maybe using the Hexagon SDK)?

What happens if I call these functions with non Snapdragon devices, such as a Samsung Galaxy S? (I assume a non-neon implementation executed on the ARM CPU)

Thanks and best regards,

Jürgen

• Up0
  • Down0
jeff4s Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2014-06-26 12:22

Hi,

To run FastCV on Hexagon DSP you need Snapdragon platform with the right version of libfastcvopt.so preloaded on device. FFT/IFFT is introduced in 1.5.0 release and the latest .so library (1.5.0) is unlikely to be found in a lot of platforms yet. You can also use FastCV from Hexagon SDK. Again the timing of SDK update should be considered, especialy if you want to use newly added APIs.

Your understanding of non-Snapdraon platform with FastCV is correct.

Cheers,

-Jeff

• Up0
  • Down0
Kazem
Posted: Wed, 2014-11-12 09:21

Hi,

Could you find a faster FFT on hexagon?

I could not use FastCV FFT for larger sizes so, I implemented myself but it is slow.

Thanks,

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.