Forums - New to FastCV

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
New to FastCV
arcanetaeogaming
Posted: Tue, 2014-03-18 16:51

Hi folks

Im new to fastcv and android, but i start as i mean to go on.  i followed this guide to setup my environment https://developer.qualcomm.com/mobile-development/add-advanced-features/computer-vision-fastcv/getting-started-guide/setting-developer.

Now i would like to know how to get started with creating my first fastcvandroid app.  my main goal is to implement object learning / recognition, gesture recognition and face detection / identification.

can anyone point me to some tutorials or expanded info please. Mainly how I add FCV to my own project.  When an app is published and i move it to an android device, is there anything else i would need installed on the device?

i have some experience using OpenCV and EmguCV.

• Up0
  • Down0
jeff4s Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2014-03-19 11:37

Hi,

As far as FastCV is concerned you don't need to install anything else as long as your app can build properly with FastCV library. Since you are familiar with OpenCV, you can first develop your app from OpenCV, and then replace the OpenCV APIs at critical path with FastCV APIs when applicable to get better performance.

Cheers,

-Jeff

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.