Forums - UseGraphicBuffer failure and MSM8960 ICS BSP source code download mismatch with the android file system image.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
UseGraphicBuffer failure and MSM8960 ICS BSP source code download mismatch with the android file system image.
Vinay
Posted: Wed, 2013-01-02 20:53

Hi,

I have an MSM8960 tablet device with Android ICS (4.0.3). The file system image has the following details. I am developing an application and some native libraries which are accessing the Hardware OMX Decoder using the IOMX interface. I observe that the UseGraphicBuffer API fails randomly, sometimes during allocation of first output buffer or remaining times during allocation of second output buffer. Also, another interesting observation is that the failure of the UseGraphicBuffer has a corresponding (1:1) message in the kernel log "Physical addr not aligned".

1.       Android version : 4.0.3
2.       Model number : msm8960
 3.       Kernel version : 3.0.8-00005-g11359e0 (amirs@lx-amirs2 #4)
 4.       Build number : msm8960-eng 4.0.3 IML74K eng.amirs.20120202.114048 test-keys

Hence, I am trying to download the source code so that I can debug the issue further by enabling log messages. I am using the below commands.

repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git -b ics -m M8960AAAAANLYA2503.xml --repo-url=git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo.git

On build and pushing the OMX video decoder (.so) file, I observe a different behavior where the AllocateBuffersWithBackup for the input buffers has failed. I observe that the build tag, viz. IML74K is what the BSP download version is.

I have a couple of questions.
[x] Which is the BSP corresponding to the above android file system information ?
[x] What could be the possible causes for the failure of UseGraphicBuffer ?

Regards,
Vinay Parameshwaraiah

• Up0
  • Down0
EnderX
Posted: Wed, 2013-03-27 21:58

Are you using the qcom_video_codec_sample_1_3_1 for your application? If not, I suggest you take a look at it, it might be helpful.

• Up0
  • Down0
zhuoshizhang
Posted: Fri, 2015-06-19 06:46

Hi

I suggest you use the QPST V2.7. it has the

If you have the MSM8960 BSP file,please send it to me.Thank you.

my email is :[email protected]

张世卓.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.