Forums - Support for Jelly Bean 4.1 and 4.2

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Support for Jelly Bean 4.1 and 4.2
kelykos
Posted: Wed, 2012-11-28 09:22

Hello,

Will you release an update of the Video Codec example for Android 4.1 and 4.2? Or is it a chance it could just work using the ICS settings and building Android against 4.1 and 4.2?

Regards,

Jonathan

• Up0
  • Down0
Steve L (not verified)
Posted: Wed, 2012-11-28 16:22

Jonathan,

There's a chance it could work, but it has not been tested yet.  What we would basically do is first try the ICS solution on a JB device.  If that doesn't work, repeat the steps for the ICS solution on a JB source tree and run that on the JB device, see if it works.  I'll have my team look into it but if you follow those steps that would essentially be our initial path here.

Thanks,

-Steve

• Up0
  • Down0
kelykos
Posted: Thu, 2012-11-29 11:37

Thanks Steve,

I have tried on a Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean but it fails with the ICS version of the library :

11-29 19:30:10.985: E/(27478): QCOMOMXINTERFACE: CODEC NOT FOUND: OMX.qcom.video.encoder.avc

I'll give a go with a Jelly Bean build, just copying the qcomomxsample ICS makefile and updating the example application first. If it fails I'll check what I can tweak.

Jonathan

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.