Forums - qcom codec decoding latency issue

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
qcom codec decoding latency issue
mobirabi
Posted: Tue, 2012-10-30 14:46

It seems the same issue was posted before. I did some research but haven't found the solution. Hope somebody could help.

I wrote a realtime streaming program based on the Video Codec Sample code. The decoder seems buffering 15-17 frames before it outputs the first decoded frame. So there is a long delay up to 1 second for decoding each frame.

I tested with Galaxy S3 (MSM8960), 800x480 resolution, 15fps.

=======================

In a previous posting, Steve L suggests using QOMX_VIDEO_DECODE_ORDER. But it's not supported by Android build android-4.0.3_r1_IML74K .

I wonder if there is any other approach to limit the number of buffered frames. Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
jackdu
Posted: Thu, 2013-08-08 00:17

hello,

I have met the same problem, exactly the same performence.

Do you solve this problem now? And could you please introduce how you solve it ?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.