Forums - Frame Rate setting doesn't work at all.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Frame Rate setting doesn't work at all.
taegyoon
Posted: Wed, 2012-07-18 01:38

I have downloaded qcom_video_codec_sample_1_3_1.zip and successfully run it on Korean Galaxy Note.

The problem that I meet is that I set the FPS but FPS is always 25 FPS.

I have checked it with ffmpeg and other programs. and I could see H.264 video source is 25 FPS set.

I used following codes to set FPS.

in setupPortParameters function,

OMX_PARAM_PORTDEFINITIONTYPE def;

if ((portIndex == 1) &&(frameRate > 0)) {
        def.format.video.xFramerate = frameRate << 16;
    }

I made setupVideoFrameRate function,

int QcomOmxInterfaceEncoder::setupVideoFrameRate(int frameRate) {

OMX_CONFIG_FRAMERATETYPE eFrameRate;

int err = _iomx->getConfig(_node, OMX_IndexConfigVideoFramerate, &eFrameRate, sizeof(eFrameRate));
    if (err != OK) {
        LOGD("QCOMOMXINTERFACE - frameRate CONTROL: ERROR getting config: %d", err);
        return kQcomOmxInterfaceErrorCouldNotGetBitRateParameters;
    }
    //eFrameRate.nPortIndex = 1;
    eFrameRate.xEncodeFramerate = frameRate<<16;

err = _iomx->setConfig(_node, OMX_IndexConfigVideoFramerate, &eFrameRate, sizeof(eFrameRate));
    if (err != OK) {
        LOGD("QCOMOMXINTERFACE -frameRate CONTROL: ERROR setting config: %d", err);
        return kQcomOmxInterfaceErrorCouldNotSetBitRateParameters;
    }
    return kQcomOmxInterfaceErrorSuccess;

}

Am I missing something when FPS setting?

• Up0
  • Down0
Steve L (not verified)
Posted: Thu, 2012-08-02 11:24

Are your logs showing that you're hitting the "ERROR getting config" or the "ERROR setting config" message?  Is there any information in there?  Sometimes this has to do with the order with which you're making the parameter setting calls, can you provide the info of the order you're setting all the config parameters and which are successful, which are failing?

• Up0
  • Down0
taegyoon
Posted: Thu, 2012-08-09 03:06

When I set the parameters, I didn't see any logs related with ERROR. It seems it was set. 

But, after encoding, I confirmed the encoded video(H.264) on MediaInfo. and it always shows (25FPS) even I set 10 FPS or 15 FPS.

• Up0
  • Down0
Pranjal Verma
Posted: Mon, 2012-08-27 04:08

Hi ,

Even we are facing same issue. Any clarification?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.