Forums - Integration of sample codec on Openmax/stagefright

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Integration of sample codec on Openmax/stagefright
Ashish
Posted: Mon, 2012-07-16 22:06

Hi,

I want to do an excercise of codec integration . For this, want to perform some activity that involve adding a codec component in OpenMax IL and use that component in some way to be used by stagefright and ultimately by application.

Please suggest me some sample activity. I am using Dragonboard APQ 8060.

Regard's,

Ashish

• Up0
  • Down0
Steve L (not verified)
Posted: Mon, 2012-07-16 23:48

Hi, we actually have a sample code for that available at this URL:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/mobile-development/mobile-technologies/mu...

Under "Sample Code"

• Up0
  • Down0
Steve L (not verified)
Posted: Thu, 2012-08-02 16:24

Pranjal, you should be able to render on all devices.  In Froyo and GB, you will be able to render directly from the output of the decoder. In HC and ICS, you will need to convert to RGB first and then render to the surface using your preferred rendering system.  A basic rendering is available in the sample code for displaying RGB, you will likely want to implement your own optimized solution depending on your application.

Audio is not implemented in our sample code suite for the Video Codecs.

• Up0
  • Down0
holyglenn
Posted: Fri, 2012-08-31 06:15

HI Steve, 

I am following through 1.3.1 Sample code but stuck in 3.1 where in codeaurora.org I can't find gingerbread_rel in heads.

Actually in heads they are all JellyBean or ICS now.  How should this be resolved?

Many thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
Ashish
Posted: Wed, 2012-09-12 04:15

Hi Holyglenn,

gingerbread_rel link is there. Actually you need to expand the link under "heads" which should give you link https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=heads (or you can directly use this link).

Regards,

Ashish

• Up0
  • Down0
Dima_Linux_Andr...
Posted: Thu, 2013-05-09 13:34

Hi,

I downloaded and run qualcomm code. Code looks very generic and I like it.

I tested code on HTC device with gb 2.3.7. I can see with log ( I added my own) that I pass most init functions including ports buffers initializations, however it is ended with mediaserver crash and my process deadlock.

I also tested on Samsung ACE device 2.3.4. I can aquire successfuly avc enc codec. However I stuck on encoding process. No crash but callback is not activated and process in deadlock. I'm still debugging.

Are there any updates of your sample code? I have several clients that needs video stream optimization and I want to suggest qualcomm enabled devices with your framework to use for consumer. Hope we can do it :)

BR,

Dmitry

• Up0
  • Down0
Steve L (not verified)
Posted: Thu, 2013-05-09 13:47

Hello, we would need more information on the HTC device, but keep in mind the processor compatibility support for our sample code, which can be found in our attached documentation.  The Samsung Ace device does not appear to meet the processor compatibility requirements.  We do have an update to our sample code which we are working on releasing in the next few weeks to support Jellybean, and we will announce that update once it is released.

Thanks,
-Steve

• Up0
  • Down0
Dima_Linux_Andr...
Posted: Sat, 2013-05-11 13:33

Hi Steve,

HTC device http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_google_nexus_one-3069.php

Can you confirm that Samsung ACE Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset is not supported?

• Up0
  • Down0
syed.zakriya.2008
Posted: Thu, 2014-06-19 23:35

Hi Steve,

I'm trying to integrate a codec to android platform. The above mentioned guide does'nt contain a section "sample code" anymore. Could you please suggest me an alternative path/link to the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Syed

• Up0
  • Down0
qcuser
Posted: Thu, 2014-09-25 13:51

I don't see any sample code in the SDK with openmax encoder/decoder. Is it no longer available? Or please direct me to a different site for openmax based code.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.