Forums - Confused by the Circular Addressing Mode in QDSP6(Hexagon_V3)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Confused by the Circular Addressing Mode in QDSP6(Hexagon_V3)
Posted: Thu, 2012-05-10 21:26

I am developing hexagon_v3 libraries now and I am confused by its circular addressing mode. It seems the starting address and the destination address of the circular addressing is in the same register in hexagon_v3. I previously working in QDSP5 projects, and there is specific registers to keep the starting address for circular buffers. So I feel suspicious about how circular addressing can be done here. The following is a code snippet of circular addressing from Hexagon_V3 document:

R4.H = #0x0600

R4.L = #150

M0 = R4

R0 = memb(R2++#8:circ(M0))

R2 stores the starting address of the circular buffer, then R2 is incremented by 8 after addressing. So where is the starting address now? Then how can I do circular addressing in a loop? Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
Posted: Fri, 2012-05-11 00:25

I have got it. The circular addressing in qdsp6 has alignment requirement depending on the length of the circular buffer. So it does not need starting address register.

It seems there is very few threads in this forum. Hope more and more developers will join.

• Up0
  • Down0
shreyas
Posted: Mon, 2012-10-08 07:03

a Hi Fuming ,

I'm working on a QDSP6(hexagon ver5) audio codec project ( Subband module ) . I'm trying to implement a circular buffer of size 576 with the start index of 512. I need to read the data from 512 to 511 circularly via  576 . It's not taking the circular start CS0 or CS1 instruction at all .  Pls help me if you are familiar with this section ..

Thanks and regards

Shreyas

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.