Forums - H.264 Decoder buffering MSM8960

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
H.264 Decoder buffering MSM8960
ilia@human-moni...
Posted: Thu, 2012-05-03 07:24

Hi,

I'm trying to decode H.264 stream  frame-by-frame, unfortunately in the Qualcomm sample (v 1.3.1) there is only whole file decode example.

The question is: does decoder buffer the frames before it calls the callback function with decoded data?

Is there any setConfig or setParam for making the decoder output the decoded frame right away after decoding is finished?

From my experience decoder buffers now 2 frames, and only by submitting the 3-d frame decoder will output the first one.

My stream is only I-frames.

Thanks in advance!

• Up0
  • Down0
Steve L (not verified)
Posted: Mon, 2012-05-14 12:47

Are you using DECODE_ORDER or DISPLAY_ORDER?  See method setPictureOrder(int pictureOrder) in QcomOmxDecoder.cpp.

Try using QOMX_VIDEO_DECODE_ORDER for more efficient results, this might help your buffer problem

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.