Forums - FlexRender in Adreno 330( SHV E330S )

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
FlexRender in Adreno 330( SHV E330S )
chen20062308
Posted: Fri, 2013-08-02 00:26

Hi,

I have a device named SHV E330S with Adreno 330. It is said Adreno 330 has a feature named FlexRender. So I write a simple program to test it.

glHint(GL_BINNING_CONTROL_HINT_QCOM, GL_RENDER_DIRECT_TO_FRAMEBUFFER_QCOM); //enable direct render

But with glHint, it seems Adreno 330 also render as Hybrid Binning mode. 

What I want to know is, in SHV E330S, does the driver support FlexRender?

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2013-08-02 09:36

There are advantages to both the direct and deferred rendering modes. To maximize performance, Adreno 3xx was designed to render with either direct mode or deferred, which it can do dynamically on its own.  This technology is unique to Adreno GPUs and is called FlexRender technology

The Adreno 3xx GPU can analyze the rendering for a given render target and automatically choose between deferred and direct rendering mode.  This is accomplished without the application having to provide any additional information. It is recommend that developers rely on Adreno GPU to determine the best possible mode for rendering.

We do not recommend using the hint “glHint()” for this. The Adreno documentation will be updated accordingly.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.