Forums - fastcv license

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
fastcv license
liyanguestc
Posted: Fri, 2013-06-28 02:08

hi,

anybody knows about the license of fastcv? Is it free for commercial app.  I have read the license, but it's too difficult to undertand what it's talking about. 

thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
Mike Mangan Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2013-06-28 10:53

Hello, Liyanguestc,

The short answer there is no cost to using FastCV, please use it as you see fit to accelerate your applications.  The longer answer is the following.

Licensing

There is no charge for the rights granted under the FastCV SDK License Agreement. Below are the rights stated in the license agreement.

As more particularly described in the documentation that is provided by QTI in connection with the Software and/or otherwise made available on a QTI developer web site for the Software (the “Documentation”), the Software is intended for use as a development tool to enable the development and testing of computer vision end-user software applications (the “Permitted Use”). Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including the limitations, conditions, restrictions and obligations set forth below, QTI hereby grants to You a personal, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable, limited copyright license, during the term of this Agreement, to (i) download, install and use the Software (other than Sample Code) in machine-readable (i.e. object code) form solely for the Permitted Use, and (ii) distribute in object code the FastCV Software Development Kit Binaries included in the Software as part of such software applications that You develop in accordance with the Documentation and the Permitted Use.

I hope this helps,

Mike

• Up0
  • Down0
K-10 Banjara
Posted: Fri, 2014-02-21 10:52

Yes, but doesn't the "personal" imply that it is a non-commercial license?  Or is it that businesses are now considered a legal person?

"...QTI hereby grants to You a personal, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable, limited copyright license"...

• Up0
  • Down0
jeff4s Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2014-02-21 12:07

Yes FastCV is free, and you can use it as you wish for your commercial apps.

Cheers,

-Jeff

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.