Forums - Shadow volume extrusion entirely on vertex shader needs more documentation

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shadow volume extrusion entirely on vertex shader needs more documentation
Alex_Fuller
Posted: Mon, 2010-08-09 04:48

Hi,

I've been toying around with the samples from the AdrenoSDK and I'm curious as to know how the shadow volume extrusion can be realised purely in a vertex shader without the CPU. My main question is about the prepared meshes with the "Edges" prefix, is there a special tool which is used to make these mesh edges? I don't quite understand this part.

Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
Anonymous (not verified)
Posted: Wed, 2010-09-22 15:10

Hi Alex, the challenge with using shadow volumes is that you need a way to generate the edge meshes, and the tool used for the Adreno SDK samples is not available.  It is recommended that you use a different method, and both Projective Shadows and Shadow Maps are samples available in the Adreno SDK that you can take a look at.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.