Forums - Adreno 200 Series Libraries/Drivers Update for GB

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adreno 200 Series Libraries/Drivers Update for GB
Spizzy01
Posted: Thu, 2013-01-31 01:45
Over the past few years or so Quallcomm has concentrated on the development and optimisation of the Adreno 200 series line however all recent updates have only been released for the latest versions of Android. What I am wondering is, is it actually possible to incorporate these latest optimisations into the drivers for the older versions of Android such as Gingerbread? And if so, why has no such update been released? To my knowledge, the last driver update for the Adreno 205 on the Xperia Play was released in November 2011 which increased performance by up to 40% in some cases from the drivers previous to it. However since then there have been two other updates to the Adreno 200 line, however these updates have only been released for ICS and JellyBean. Would it be possible to release an update to the GingerBread drivers? Or has that ship long sailed? The problem is that the Xperia Play seems to perform much better in ICS/JB in terms of Graphics, however when it comes to almost everything else - GingerBread is still the way to go for the device... There are plenty of developers trying to optimize the latest versions of Android on the Xperia Play, but this is still an ongoing process and as much as I hate to admit it, the Xperia Play isn't winning any medals in performance these days so I can't see it lasting much longer. If anyone knows of any updated drivers, or if updated drivers can be made, I would really appreciate it - Thanks.
  • Up0
  • Down0
www.paolo.d
Posted: Mon, 2013-02-04 04:55
Please Qualcomm, release adreno 200 JellyBean drivers update, last was of August 2012. In Desire/Bravo community there are only few developers and a bunch of users (mostly migrated to newer phones) and we need a new release to have a full working device. Thanks in advance
  • Up0
  • Down0
Christopher83
Posted: Wed, 2013-02-27 11:24

Dear Qualcomm,
I would like to kindly ask you if you, please, we could know if there will be a new release of Adreno 200 series libraries for JB and, possibly, the release date.
Thank you in advance for your attention.
Best regards.

Christopher.

• Up0
  • Down0
Sjessus60
Posted: Wed, 2023-07-26 00:05
  • Up0
  • Down0
Sjessus60
Posted: Wed, 2023-07-26 00:06
  • Up0
  • Down0
mado.jessu
Posted: Wed, 2023-07-26 00:10
  • Up0
  • Down0
mado.jessu
Posted: Wed, 2023-07-26 00:11
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.