Forums - "Error creating texture!" Attempting to run demos on devices

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
"Error creating texture!" Attempting to run demos on devices
Ziugy
Posted: Tue, 2012-05-29 12:44

Hello!

I'm currently attempting to run both the Disintegrate and the AdrenoShaders demos on my Android devices. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and a Samsung Nexus S II. With both the projects I'm able to run the demo using the emulator (using Windows 7).

Looking at the logcat's output, I ended up this error with both of them:

I/Disintegrate( 3091): CApplication::Create(100, 100)
I/Disintegrate( 3091): CApplication::LoadFontPack()
I/Disintegrate( 3091): Opening file: Media/Fonts/Tuffy12.pak
I/Disintegrate( 3091): Reading "FontData" from font file: Media/Fonts/Tuffy12.pak
I/Disintegrate( 3091): Verifying font data: Media/Fonts/Tuffy12.pak
I/Disintegrate( 3091): Reading "FontTexture" from font file: Media/Fonts/Tuffy12.pak
I/Disintegrate( 3091): Reading texture from resource file: FontTexture
I/Disintegrate( 3091): Creating texture (WxH = 512x256) from resource file: FontTexture
E/Disintegrate( 3091): Error creating texture!
E/Disintegrate( 3091): FrmCreateTexture Failed!
E/Disintegrate( 3091): Error creating texture!
E/Disintegrate( 3091): Unable to create texture from resource file: FontTexture
E/Disintegrate( 3091): Unable to read "FontTexture" from font file: Media/Fonts/Tuffy12.pak
E/Disintegrate( 3091): Failed to load Font Pack!
E/Disintegrate( 3091): Error initializing GL state
I/Disintegrate( 3091): CApplication::SetSize(800, 480)

Anyone have any ideas on what could be the cause of this error?

Many Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
Ziugy
Posted: Tue, 2012-05-29 13:33

I figured out my problem. I ended up using my roommates HTC Thunderbolt and both demos worked perfectly! Since both of my current phones don't have Snapdragon, HTC one does, I guess that's why I was having these issues.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.