Forums - Build issues

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Build issues
Allen_Varghese
Posted: Fri, 2011-10-28 23:12

During make process, I get an error in FastCVSample.cpp saying "fastcv/fasctcv.h : No such file or directory" when there is a folder fastcv in the Includes section with fastcv.h, fastcv.intl and stdint_.h files in it. In the file FastCVSampleRenderer.cpp has the same include to fastcv.h but it doesn't throw any problems.

I am using windows and cygwin to run the sample.

I have tried various options like adding the header file directly to the jni folder. The make process then works but then I get an error on ld.exe about -lfastcv is not found.

• Up0
  • Down0
go_go
Posted: Sun, 2011-10-30 17:18

See "Developer Tips & Tricks section", or

copy <DEVELOPMENT_ROOT>\fastcv-android-xx-yy-zz\inc
to
<DEVELOPMENT_ROOT>\fastcv-android-xx-yy-zz\samples\fastcorner\jni\fastcv

• Up0
  • Down0
Lennart_Brueggemann
Posted: Tue, 2011-11-01 02:35

We can't get it to work either. After adding ANDROID_NDK_ROOT as an env var, eclipse still complains that he can't find the GLES2, stdlib.h, android/log.h and time.h includes.

• Up0
  • Down0
Allen_Varghese
Posted: Tue, 2011-11-01 07:50

That was already done.

• Up0
  • Down0
Lennart_Brueggemann
Posted: Tue, 2011-11-01 08:45

We got it to work. You have to closely follow the installation instructions, there are two copy operations mentioned that we initially overlooked:

Quote:

Copy lib/libfastcv.a to your ndk lib directory (e.g <Android-NDK-Root/platforms/<Android API>/arch-arm/usr/lib)

Copy the contents of inc directory from the installation directory to the new directory you just created under the ndk include directory (e.g <Android-NDK-Root/platforms/<Android API>/arch-arm/usr/include/fastcv)

where <Android API> is android-8, because the sample targeted to API 8. I doesn't work if you put it in android-9 or whatever you use.

The sample is indeed pretty fast, much better than our protoype with OpenCV.

But theres still one very weird thing: you never ever may open any of the *.cpp files in eclipse. As soon as you do, a lot of errors will show up and you can't compile the project anymore. You need to delete the file and copy the corresponding original file from the setup back in to the \jni\ folder (not via eclipse, but via Windows Explorer). After that, you can compile and start the project. This is reproducable on all our tested computers. Restarting eclipse works sometimes too.

Oh, and the app won't work on our Dell Streak 5, it crashes because somehow it doesn't like one of the camera parameters. It works fine on our LG v900 though.

• Up0
  • Down0
pankaj_sethia
Posted: Sat, 2011-11-12 01:20

Lennart_Brueggemann suggestion helped me.. I was facing the same problem of the .h file but once I included the necessary files in the ndk include and lib directory, the app successfully compiled for me.. thanks a lot 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.