Forums - How to use in MS Visual Studio

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to use in MS Visual Studio
dly
Posted: Wed, 2013-04-10 05:31

Can the  FastCV  libraries be used in win32 system  to serve  in intel CPU and in MS Visual C++ 2008 like openCV. If possible, how to use?

• Up0
  • Down0
ronaldk
Posted: Wed, 2013-04-10 12:33

Yes, you can use the libfastcv.lib with MS Visual C++ 2008.

To use it

1. Create a project (e.g. Win32 Project)

2. Update "Property", 

a. at C/C++, "additional include directory" -> add the fastcv header file directory.

b. at Linker, "Additional Library Directory" -> add the fastcv library directory

and add libfastcv.lib to "Additional Dependencies" 

• Up0
  • Down0
dly
Posted: Wed, 2013-04-10 19:34

You mean I can use it in my C++ project. That is very good! And I can call the fastCV API functions in my C++ project?

If so, fastCV can take place of openCV? Is fastCV higher efficiency than openCV in the intel CPU in the win32 system?

• Up0
  • Down0
jeff4s Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2013-04-11 14:03

Yes you can use FastCV in your Windows projects (with Visual Studio for example), however FastCV is not meant to replace OpenCV for Windows applications. FastCV is optimized to run on mobile platforms, especially on Qualcomm Snapdragon platform for best performance. So it's logical to develop your reference implementation with FastCV in Windows, but with the end goal of running it on a mobile device.

• Up0
  • Down0
dly
Posted: Sat, 2013-04-13 03:12

Thank you for the answer! I want to apply fastCV to a app in windows and run it in the intel cpu .Then compare the performance wiith openCV.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.