Forums - Using FastCV functions in an existing OpenCV-Android project

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Using FastCV functions in an existing OpenCV-Android project
Panayiotish
Posted: Sat, 2012-08-04 01:28

Hello everyone,

I have been following your FastCV applications for the past couple months, and now it's the time to use it by myself! But I have a very crucial question: 

Is there a way to add a FastCV function in an existing Android Project which uses included OpenCV libraries? I have an application that uses OpenCV libraries but it has a very slow frame per second rate. So I would like to replace some of the OpenCV functions (for example the cvCanny function) with the equivalent functions of FastCV so I can achieve a much faster FPS.

I have already read in your forum that there is a way of importing OpenCV libraries in an existing FastCV project. Isn't there a way of doing the exact reverse thing? Because it is very time consuming to create a new FastCV project and try to import all what I have done in the existing OpenCV project.

Thank you in advance,

Panayiotis

• Up0
  • Down0
Michael_Mangan Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2012-08-06 14:06

Panayiotis,

The way you suggest using FastCV, as an acceleration library for an existing OpenCV application, is an ideal way to use FastCV.  Simply statically link the FastCV binary to your existing application.  Comment out the specific function that is a bottleneck in your existing application (this requires some profiling of your application), and replace that function call with an appropriate FastCV function replacement.

Good luck,

Mike

• Up0
  • Down0
bmink
Posted: Wed, 2015-04-01 02:16

Hi Mike,

how to link FastCv binary to app
and
how to use fastcv from android with java code?
In all samples, they are getting their work done with native code and useing fastcv function from C.
can we use fastcv operation directly from java code just like we use library in opencv..?
(i m new in CV based apps.)

thanks
Bhumik

• Up0
  • Down0
knoxleonard440
Posted: Wed, 2015-04-15 23:41

The way you suggest using FastCV, is an ideal way to use FastCV.Simply statically link the FastCV binary to your existing application,and replace that function call with an appropriate FastCV function replacement.In all samples, they are getting their work done with native code and useing fastcv function from C.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.