Forums - Bug report for fcvTrackLKOpticalFlowu8

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bug report for fcvTrackLKOpticalFlowu8
cyril.bazin@dat...
Posted: Thu, 2012-07-26 04:56

Hello, 

I played with fcvTrackLKOpticalFlowu8. There seems to be a bug or at least a lack of documentation ( not the only one ;-) on this function.

Sometimes, when featureLen = 0, the function crashes.

I tried the same with a test befoire the function call : 

if (featureLen != 0) {

fcvTrackLKOpticalFlowu8(..........);

}

And it seems to work better...

I think this behaviour should be documented

In addition, I guessed that src1 and src2 represent respectively the current frame and the previous one. 

Is that correct? The documentation is (again) (very) unclear about this.

• Up0
  • Down0
DaniilPattersson
Posted: Fri, 2012-07-27 00:13

Yes, documentation is a litlle bit poor, but it's under construction, and developers know it. I suppose, that src1 - it's previous frame and src2 - current, like explain in OpticalFlowBM.

For the completely bug report, please, provide your source code and images, where you have an error.

• Up0
  • Down0
Gary_McGrath
Posted: Fri, 2012-07-27 12:41

Indeed, this is a bug and your work-around is good until it is fixed.

In the current implementation, the parameters src1 and src2 are somewhat redundant.  In other words, src1 should equal src1Pyr[0] and src2 should equal src2Pyr[0].  This signature might get tightened up in the next major (non-backwards compatible) release.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.