Forums - fcvUpsampleVerticalu8 vs fcvUpsampleVerticalInterleavedu8

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
fcvUpsampleVerticalu8 vs fcvUpsampleVerticalInterleavedu8
DaniilPattersson
Posted: Tue, 2012-07-17 07:45

Hi, guys!

I'm don't understand, what the difference between  fcvUpsampleVerticalu8 and fcvUpsampleVerticalInterleavedu8?

Please, help.

• Up0
  • Down0
jeff4s Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2012-07-18 00:00

Hi,

These functions are used to upsample the chroma components of image. The difference is in storage format. fcvUpsampleVerticalu8 handles CrCb stored in planar format, while the other function expects CrCb to be interleaved.

Sorry for confusion. The documentation will be improved soon to remove such ambiguity.

Cheers,

-Jeff

• Up0
  • Down0
DaniilPattersson
Posted: Wed, 2012-07-18 00:34

Thank you! Am I need to pass only chroma components to this function or pass YCrCb data, and function automatic find and upsample chroma components?

• Up0
  • Down0
DaniilPattersson
Posted: Wed, 2012-07-18 22:02

Ok, understood. And what can resize Y component? I'm just want to upsample my RGB image (in c++ app). Firstly, I'm converting it to YCrCB, and then want to upsample.

• Up0
  • Down0
jeff4s Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2012-07-18 22:23

The two functions of your concern are typically used to do YUV422 to YUV444 upsampling etc. where you don't need to do anything for Y component. I wonder whether upscaling is what you need. If that's the case please check out fcvScaleUp... functions.

Cheers,

-Jeff

• Up0
  • Down0
DaniilPattersson
Posted: Thu, 2012-07-19 22:58

Thanks, it was the problem.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.