Forums - Associating program # with shader name in Snapshot output

1 post / 0 new
Associating program # with shader name in Snapshot output
christian.stith
Posted: Thu, 2023-06-29 09:52
Hello all,

I'm profiling a Unity build that uses a small (15) number of shaders. I'm exporting a .csv from a Snapshot Data Explorer, and am doing some external analysis to determine which models/materials/shaders are responsible for the greatest amount of rendering time. While the export functionality gets me most of the way there, I'm hitting a snag when it comes to associating the shader program ID (program = 267) with the corresponding shader in Unity. It's not too difficult to click through the OpenGL commands, inspect the shader source in the shader analyzer, and figure out which shader corresponds to each ID, but it is very time-consuming, and will have to be done for every shader each time I run a new capture.

Is there an easier way of doing this? Either a way to associate each shader ID with its source file more quickly (perhaps via a compilation log?), or an easier way of getting a per-shader breakdown of clock/GPU usage?

Thanks!
  • Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.