Forums - Inconsistent data samples

1 post / 0 new
Inconsistent data samples
sof.chetoui
Posted: Wed, 2020-10-14 10:21

I am using the version v2020.1.0.4172020 of the snapdragon profiler to collect CPU and GPU performance counters. The used plateform is the Google Pixel 2 XL (the 835 Soc)

I  performed the data collection using the realtime mode.  However, when exported the data (csv file) and looked at the timestamps vector/column I noticed that :

1. Not all the performance counters have the same time samples. In other words, even if I am using the same sampling rate for all the performance counters, and starting the data collection at the same time, it seems that not all the performance counters are collected at a specific time.
  2. The starting and ending time of the data collection of each PC varies. Even if I launched the realtime collection for all the counters at the same time.
  3. The number of collected samples per performance counter vary, which is one hand related to the start and end time, but I guess it might be also related to inconsistent sampling rate accross different PC.

Briefly, I want to be able to collect the list of all the CPU-GPU performance counters that I choose at the same timestamps. Is this known bug ? or is there a better way to do this ?

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.