Forums - Inconsistent RAM stats between Snapdragon and Logcat

1 post / 0 new
Inconsistent RAM stats between Snapdragon and Logcat
sha
Posted: Mon, 2020-03-23 10:40

Hey guys, 

I am profiling an unreal engine app on the Oculus Quest using the snap dragon profiling tool. Here is the stat I get from the snap dragon: 
Application memory usage 1.56 Gb, System Memory Usage: 2.42 Gb.

However 1.5 gb is alot for an empty scene. So I checked again with Adb Logcat. There it says app memory usage is 274 mb and the amount of free memory is 1.316 Gb. The Quest has 4 Gb of memory, so if I assume the 274 mb is the actual amount of memory my app is using, then it will all add up. The 2.42 Gb system usage plus the 0.274 Gb app usage plus 1.316 Gb free memory.

So what is the 1.56 Gb memory usage I am seeing in the snap dragon profiler for app memory usage? Am I misunderstanding something?

Here are a screen shot of the profiler and a screen shot of the cmd line with the adb logcats stats

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.