Forums - High CPU util and trace capture issues

1 post / 0 new
High CPU util and trace capture issues
br_robot Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2019-10-30 20:22
I'm using Snapdragon Profiler v1.6.0.1232017 with a Snapdragon 855 based device.

After starting SP and connecting to the device, I see > 95% CPU utilization on core #7.  Also the utilization of other cores went up to 15-20%. Once SP is disconnected from device, the CPU utilization on the cores drop back to < 5%. Connecting SP to the device also affects our function profiling number significantly (saw ~100% increases in execution time).

Below is the output of "top" on the device (adb shell) when SP connected to it:

PID USER         PR  NI VIRT  RES  SHR S[%CPU] %MEM     TIME+ ARGS                       
 7678 root         20   0  36M  13M  11M S 97.5   0.2   2:37.06 pluginGPU-GGPM

The pluginGPU-GGPM process pops up only if SP is connected. Is this expected behavior? Is there a way to make SP less intrusive?

I'm also unable to get trace capture to work. I started our android app for which I want to capture traces. I see the app listed under "Data sources" in the RealTime tab. But in the Trace tab, I see the "No eligible processes found" message under "Data Sources". Any idea what to look for?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.