Forums - Trace capture: Snapdragon Profiler was unable to connect...

1 post / 0 new
Trace capture: Snapdragon Profiler was unable to connect...
klehocz
Posted: Wed, 2019-07-24 03:59

I am trying to do a trace capture of an app that uses OpenCL.
When I try to lauch the app I get the error:
"Snapdragon Profiler was unable to connect to the specified activity. Verify that the application has the debuggable attribute set."

The debuggable attribure is set, and I have also added
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
to AndroidManifest.xml.

If I select the app in the process list, an OpenCL trace metric doesn't appear in the metrics tree view. What does it depend on whether that's available? The part that uses OpenCL is in a .so file.
The device I am trying this on is a Nokia 8.1, the PC is running Ubuntu 18.04.2.

There are some related posts, but in the other one it was the missing permission that was the problem.

Any tips?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.