Forums - How much is too much? VBO, overdraw, no ops, etc.

1 post / 0 new
How much is too much? VBO, overdraw, no ops, etc.
resetme
Posted: Tue, 2018-10-16 07:59

Hi again!

Recently I have being watching many optimization video but I can get the number correct for mobile development.

For example;

In the shader side no-ops should be around 15 or less, why? 

ELU part, I check the chipset and OpenGL version to get around how many instructions and textures I should use.

VBO, again I heard that 15 is too much, but why? And what actually cause VBO?

Average overdraw around 2x, 3x is way too much, the 3x what it actually means? Pixels are writing up another 3 times?

texture bandwidth, no idea how to check it and how much should be ok...

GMEM, should have less as possible, but every time i create a buffer for effects I get some (unity) . Is there a way to get red of it or minimize?

is there any page with explanation about the Calculate Stats and what the data means inside the snapshot?

appreciate any input.

Regards

Fran

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.