Forums - Overheating when capturing 4K video

1 post / 0 new
Overheating when capturing 4K video
paul.kalebu
Posted: Mon, 2018-08-06 19:16

Has anyone encountered the problem of overheating to around 50 degrees or above during 4K capture? I'm using the Android Camera-2 Video sample app, and I measured my temperature using the Snapdragon Profiler, and I noticed the temperature quickly increases when recording is initiated. At times, I see a drop in framerate as a result.

Would anyone know what may be causing this, especially since the CPU isn't being tasked with much. Is there a solution?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.