Forums - Failure to Build OpenCV 2.4 with Snapdragon compiler

1 post / 0 new
Failure to Build OpenCV 2.4 with Snapdragon compiler
wn
Posted: Wed, 2016-01-06 05:07

Preface:

- I already succesfully built OpenCV 2.4.11 for armeabi-v7a using the standard GCC 4.9 NDK compiler

- I am using the android NDK version r10e

- Windows 7 64bit

- CMake version 3.3.1

- Snapdragon Compiler version 3.7.1

Problems:

- At first i tried as specified in the document "readme-install-llvm3-7a.pdf" to just copy the snapdragon compiler in the toolchains/ folder of the NDK; I then changed in OpenCV android.toolchain.cmake the variable ANDROID_TOOLCHAIN_NAME to arm-linux-androideabi-snapdragonclang3.7 which wasn't recognized (selecting the 3.6 Clang included in the NDK would have been accepted though)

- Since that didn't work, i proceded to build a standalone toolchain as instructed in "readme-install-llvm3-7a.pdf" sh make-standalone-toolchain.sh --ndk-dir=C:/Programs/android-ndk-r10e --verbose --arch=arm --platform=android-19 --toolchain=arm-linux-androideabi-4.9 --llvm-version=Snapdragon_LLVM_for_Android_3.7 --system=windows-x86_64 --install-dir=c:/toolchain-snapdragon-v19-3_7

The standalone toolchain was built, however upon running CMake and pointing to the standalone toolchain setting the appropriate variable ANDROID_STANDALONE_TOOLCHAIN, CMake recognized only the GCC 4.9 compiler in the standalone toolchain (the bin folder contains both GCC 4.9 as well as clangSnapdragon_LLVM_for_Android_37++) and it configured itself to build using GCC; trying to manually change the configuration to use the clangSnapdragon is also rejected by CMake

What can I do?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.