Forums - GPU User Buffers Supported for DSP Runtime Input?

1 post / 0 new
GPU User Buffers Supported for DSP Runtime Input?
fabian.schuetze
Posted: Mon, 2024-06-10 01:53

Hi,

thanks for the wonderful SNPE software.

Can I use OpenGL Buffers as Input for the DSP runtime?

The main.cpp for the `examples/SNPE/NativeCpp/SampleCode/jni/` code seems to permit the configuration:
```
-b USERBUFFER_FLOAT -s GLBUFFER -r dsp
```
But the code fails to run on my test tablet with the logcat error:
```
SNPE::execute Target runtime does not support user buffer given

```
(I can only reach the `snpe->execute` function by disabling the OpenCLGL interop check (`checkGLCLInteropSupport`). That interop check fails but is not documented well and emits no informative error message. Furthermore, I don't want to use the GPU  runtime, and the cl_egl_sync example from the OpenCL SDK  succeeds on the test tablet.)

Apart from whether the SNPE software supports OpenGL back input buffers, I am unsure whether that makes sense from the hardware perspective. I presume that is only interesting if there was a bus connection between the GPU and the DSP?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.