Forums - Can't understand why there's a difference between reported total inference time and the sum of per-layer computational times.

1 post / 0 new
Can't understand why there's a difference between reported total inference time and the sum of per-layer computational times.
lvarikuppala
Posted: Fri, 2023-12-08 03:28

I have successfully created an ONNX model with 7 layers which includes 2 convolution layers, 2 sigmoid layers, 2 max pool layers, and a softmax layer. I processed this model using the qnn-onnx-converter, resulting in .cpp and .bin files. Subsequently, I utilized the qnn-model-lib-generator to generate a shared library (lib*.so).

After the successful generation of the model shared library, I employed the qnn_bench.py script from the QNN SDK to conduct detailed layer-wise profiling on a QRB5165 target. The command used for this profiling is:

python3 qnn_bench.py -c model.json -t aarch64-ubuntu-gcc7.5 -l detailed -v ADA7D246

Here are the layer wise computational times acheived in the csv file:

Total Inference Time [_Conv_0]         11018 us
Total Inference Time [_Sigmoid_1]     1328 us
Total Inference Time [_MaxPool_2]   183 us
Total Inference Time [_Conv_3]          6721 us
Total Inference Time [_Sigmoid_4]     197 us
Total Inference Time [_MaxPool_5]    53 us
Total Inference Time [__12_nchw]        157 us
Total Inference Time [_Gemm_7]        1704 us
Total Inference Time [_Softmax_8]     4 us

Total Inference Time [NetRun] 21401 usec

The sum of the individual layer-wise timings, 11018+1328+183+6721+197+53+157+1704+4 = 21365, does not match the reported total inference time of 21401us. There is a discrepancy of 36 microseconds between the sum of the individual layer-wise timings and the reported total inference time.

I would appreciate your assistance in understanding the cause of this difference.

Best,
Lavanya varikuppala
  • Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.