Forums - Multithread in UDO DSP Softmax Example

1 post / 0 new
Multithread in UDO DSP Softmax Example
lmxyy1999
Posted: Sun, 2022-06-05 21:46

Hi, I got confused about the UDO Softmax DSP example code. In `$SNPE_ROOT/examples/NativeCpp/UdoExample/Softmax/src/DSP/SoftmaxFloatImpl/SoftmaxImplLibDsp.c`, there's a thread worker function worker_thread_Softmax (L109). However, this worker function seems to process the whole input data and do not involve in any multithreads. Also, at the entrance of the worker function (L186), the number of threads is also hardcoded to 1. 

I wonder how this example achieves multiple threads on DSP. If it does not involve multi-threads, I wonder if how to enable the multi-threads for efficiency issues on DSP? The SNPE SDK version I used was 1.61.

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.