Forums - Unsupported ConvTranspose 2d output padding when converting from onnx to dlc format

1 post / 0 new
Unsupported ConvTranspose 2d output padding when converting from onnx to dlc format
lanle
Posted: Tue, 2021-04-06 16:32

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to convert my onnx model (after quantized and exported with AIMET) to .dlc format through the usage of SNPE tool using snpe-onnx-to-dlc command.

My model contains mainly convolution 2D, relu and convolution transpose operations (https://pytorch.org/docs/stable/generated/torch.nn.ConvTranspose2d.html) with the usage of output padding. During the conversion, I'm having a shape mismatch error:

```

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/snpe/snpe-1.47.0.2501/lib/python/qti/aisw/converters/common/utils/translation_utils.py", line 125, in get_broadcasted_shape
    output_shape = list(np.broadcast(*inputs).shape)
ValueError: shape mismatch: objects cannot be broadcast to a single shape

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/snpe/snpe-1.47.0.2501/lib/python/qti/aisw/converters/onnx/onnx_to_ir.py", line 157, in convert
    self.graph)
  File "/snpe/snpe-1.47.0.2501/lib/python/qti/aisw/converters/common/converter_ir/translation.py", line 51, in apply_method_to_op
    return translation.apply_method(method_name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/snpe/snpe-1.47.0.2501/lib/python/qti/aisw/converters/common/converter_ir/translation.py", line 17, in apply_method
    return self.indexed_methods[method_name](*args, **kwargs)
  File "/snpe/snpe-1.47.0.2501/lib/python/qti/aisw/converters/onnx/onnx_translations.py", line 200, in add_op
    broadcast_shape = translation_utils.get_broadcasted_shape(input_shapes)
  File "/snpe/snpe-1.47.0.2501/lib/python/qti/aisw/converters/common/utils/translation_utils.py", line 127, in get_broadcasted_shape
    raise ValueError("Shape mismatch, {} cannot be broadcast to a single shape".format(input_shapes))

```

After some investigation, it seems like the shape mismatch is caused by the function which calculate the output dim of the convolution transpose 2d. The function itself does not take into consideration the output padding hence the output dimension was calculated incorrectly. I'm wondering if anyone has come across this issue and if there's a work around for it (my solution is to switch to using bilinear upsampling completely, but I just want to make sure that I've tried everything).

Note: this is the output dim calculation for deconv operation using snpe toolkit

```

def calc_deconv_output_dim(input_size, filter_size, pad_before, pad_after, stride, padding_size_strategy):
    if padding_size_strategy == IRPaddingStrategies.PADDING_SIZE_IMPLICIT_VALID:
        output_dim = input_size * stride + max(filter_size - stride, 0)
    elif padding_size_strategy == IRPaddingStrategies.PADDING_SIZE_IMPLICIT_SAME_BEGIN \
            or padding_size_strategy == IRPaddingStrategies.PADDING_SIZE_IMPLICIT_SAME_END:
        output_dim = input_size * stride
    else:  # EXPLICIT, EXPLICIT_FLOOR or UNDEFINED
        output_dim = stride * (input_size - 1) - (pad_before + pad_after) + filter_size

return int(output_dim)

```

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.