Using the Qualcomm Snapdragon profiling tool, I am trying to profile an Android application that utilises SNPE. I have successfully installed the profiler and am able to connect it to my device and run it.
My goal is to measure the GPU utilization when the neural network is carying out inference. The neural network is being run periodically. I follow this procedure:
- Select "New Trace Capture"
- Select my application in the "Launch Application" window
- I then have access to two options to trace: "Process" and "System"
- I can select "Native Tracing API" from Process, and "Graphics" from "System -> Trace"
- After selecting "Start Capture" for a few seconds, I get the following output https://ibb.co/W0VqfbM
- The above link seems to show the GPU being periodically used. However, this behavior persists identically, regardless of whether I actually run the net (i.e., if I comment out the "execute" call)
How do I profile SNPE GPU side execution using Snappdragon Profiler Tool?
- Do I have to activate any special toggle before it will work?
- Comprehensive advice would be very appreciated!