Forums - Snapdragon profiler of SNPE Application

1 post / 0 new
Snapdragon profiler of SNPE Application
davids0
Posted: Wed, 2019-02-27 07:35

Using the Snapdragon profiling tool, I am trying to profile an Android application that utilises SNPE. I have successfully installed the profiler and am able to connect it to my device and run it.

My goal is to measure the GPU utilization when the neural network is carying out inference. The neural network is being run periodically. I follow this procedure:

1. Select "New Trace Capture"
  2. Select my application in the "Launch Application" window
  3. I then have access to two options to trace: "Process" and "System"
  4. I can select "Native Tracing API" from Process, and "Graphics" from "System -> Trace"
  5. After selecting "Start Capture" for a few seconds, I get the following output https://ibb.co/W0VqfbM
  6. The above link seems to show the GPU being periodically used. However, this behavior persists identically, regardless of whether I actually run the net (i.e., if I comment out the "execute" call)

My question

How do I profile SNPE GPU side execution using Snappdragon Profiler Tool?

1. Do I have to activate any special toggle before it will work?
  2. Comprehensive advice would be very appreciated!

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.