Forums - Snapdragon 660 with Android 9 and NNAPI

1 post / 0 new
Snapdragon 660 with Android 9 and NNAPI
luca.padovan
Posted: Fri, 2019-02-08 01:09

I'm trying to use the new Google machine learning sdk, ML Kit, on 660 HDK that run Android 9. From the official site:

ML Kit makes it easy to apply ML techniques in your apps by bringing Google's ML technologies, such as the Google Cloud Vision API, TensorFlow Lite, and the Android Neural Networks API together in a single SDK. Whether you need the power of cloud-based processing, the real-time capabilities of mobile-optimized on-device models, or the flexibility of custom TensorFlow Lite models, ML Kit makes it possible with just a few lines of code.

I think it means that on a device with at least Android 8.1 (according to the documentation of nnapi) the SDK can uses NNAPI. But when I run the same app on a 660 SDK with Android 7.1 (where nnapi is not supported) I obtain the same performance of the device that use Android 9 (and in theory the NNAPI). I also see  this paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1810.01109.pdf, where  i read that NNAPI use hardware acceleration when drivers are presents in the device. So, where i can find this NNAPI driver and use it in Snapdragon 660?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.